Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CD Project

On Monday a group presented a possible lesson plan using soundtracks with texts. I have done projects like this in middle school, and I remember Dr. Hicks discussing similar projects in his methods courses. I must admit that I enjoy how the multimodality of this project allows for students to recognize how some forms of popular culture can be considered higher art. This also allows for the students to use their own interests in the project, incorporating songs that hold meaning to them into the soundtrack.

One modification I would like to try is having the students write lyrics to a song to be the them song for the soundtrack. Many musicians create songs just for films such as Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy. This would allow the students to practice a different medium for writing that they may not always get a chance to practice in class.

Cheers,
The Jesse Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment